||We will send you a written or electronic copy of the Direct Debit Request arrangements (amount; frequency; commencement date) and obtain your Authorisation to the Direct Debit Request at least 7 calendar days prior to debiting any amount in accordance with the Direct Debit Request.
||Subject to the terms of this Agreement, we will debit to the Account:
- any Intermediary Fees (if applicable), on behalf of the licensee or authorised representative that you have arranged your insurance through, on or about the first Instalment date set out in the Premium Instalment Advice;
- the first Instalment on or about the first Instalment date set out in the Premium Instalment Advice;
- any subsequent Instalments on or about the Instalment date identified in the Premium Instalment Advice. Subject to clause 2.4, we will not change the amount or frequency of Instalments for the Policy without your prior approval.
||Where the due date for any Instalment falls on a non-business day, we will debit the Instalment on or about the next business day. If you are uncertain about when the instalment will be debited to your Account, contact your Financial Institution.
||Where any Instalment is dishonoured, or an additional amount is due as a result of an amendment to a Policy, you authorise us to debit to the Account:
- any outstanding amounts and the next Instalment on or about the next Instalment due date; or
- any outstanding amounts at any time.
||We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and the Direct Debit Request without notice to you if more than one Instalment is dishonoured. This means you must ensure premium payments are made by an alternative payment method offered by us. We may also be able to cancel the Policy.
||If any Instalment is dishonoured, you authorise us to obtain reimbursement from you of any fees we incur by debiting these fees to your Account if and when they accrue.
||If we are obliged to refund any amounts debited to the Account under the Direct Debit Request in respect of the Policy, we will (at our option) either:
- arrange for a refund to be payable to you within 31 days of the refund becoming payable; or
- reduce the amount of the next Instalment(s) by the amount of the refund (this reduction will continue until the amount is refunded in full),
provided that if you cancel a retail insurance policy we will arrange for a refund to be payable to you within 15 business days unless you arranged your policy through an insurance broker.
||We collect personal information from you for the purpose of providing you with direct debit or credit card payment facilities and related services. You can choose not to provide this information, however, we may not be able to debit the Account under your Direct Debit Request. We will keep all information you give to us relating to your Account private and confidential except to the extent we need to disclose it to relevant banks and financial institutions to debit your Account or in connection with a claim made against our bank relating to an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit. If you wish to update or access the information that we hold about you, contact us.
||If you request a change to the Policy which affects the amount or frequency of the Instalments, we will provide you with 7 days written notice before the amount or frequency of the Instalments is varied.
||Otherwise, we will provide you with 14 days written notice if any term of this Agreement varies during the term of the Direct Debit Request and will provide you with an updated version of this Agreement.