Have a question? We're here to help.

Wherever you are, CGU will help you see it through.

If you’d like help managing your CGU policy then feel free to call us during business hours on 13 24 81, or get in touch 24/7 via our contact forms at the bottom of this page.

Have a question? We may have the answer you're looking for in our frequently asked questions.

Below you will find details for:

  • Updating and renewing your policy
  • Requesting  policy documentation
  • Making a claim

If you need to contact CGU from overseas, please call +61 3 9601 8222.

Frequently asked questions

  • How do I change my personal details?

    You can change your details by calling us on 13 24 81

    during business or by submitting your request online . You should let us know of changes as soon as you can, within 14 days.


  • How do I renew my policy?

    You will be sent a renewal letter around a month before your current policy is due to expire . The letter will include your schedule which outlines any changes to the terms of your policy or the premium payable. If you have set up automatic payments your account or card will continue to be debited and your policy will be automatically renewed. If you have chosen not to pay by instalments, your schedule will provide options to pay.

    Did you know: You can pay by instalments at no extra cost!

  • Can I change my policy online?

    You can submit an online request to have your policy updated. If you purchased your policy through a broker or adviser, please contact them directly to arrange any changes. You can still submit your request online however there may be a delay before your request is forwarded to and actioned by your adviser.

  • When should I tell you about changes in my circumstances?

    We know that things change, but to ensure you're covered correctly, you should tell us about your new circumstances as soon as you can, within 14 days. This could be moving house, replacing your car, needing extra cover or even changing your payment details. You should do this to ensure that you're adequately covered in the event of a claim and that you're paying the right premium.

    Call CGU on 13 24 81



    The complete list of your responsibilities to us is listed in the Product Disclosure Statement and Policy.

  • My financier has asked me for a Certificate of Currency. What is this?

    A Certificate of Currency (COC) is a document issued by your insurer to show that your cover is current and usually indicates the amount or conditions of the protection you hold. To request a COC, you can call us on 13 24 81 during business hours or request one online.

  • How do I make a claim?

    The easiest way to claim is by calling CGU on 13 24 80, 24 hours a day, every day of the year. If you need to complete a claim form, you can download them online.

    If you purchased insurance through an advisor or broker, it's best to contact them directly.



  • What information do you need when I claim?

    The more information you can give our claims consultant, the quicker we will be able to assess and pay your claim.

    In general, you will need to provide the following details:

    • your policy number
    • verify your personal and policy details  
    • the name of the policyholder (if you're claiming on behalf of someone else)
    • detailed description of the incident
    • the date of the incident or event and the address where it happened
    • details of any other parties involved.
  • What documents can I request online?

    You can request any policy documents online and we will arrange to send them to you within two business days. If your request is urgent, please call us on 13 24 81 during business hours as we may be able to provide your documents more quickly.

    Request a Certificate of Currency
    Request a Tax Invoice
    Request other documents

13 24 81

8:00am to 8:00pm AEST

While overseas +61 3 9601 8222

For claims 13 24 80

Existing Customers

Need help with your policy?

Call us on 13 24 81 during business hours and we'll help you see it through.