Talk to Us

We're here for you

Whether you need make a claim or to ask a question we're only a phone call away.

For claims

Call13 24 80

24 hours, 7 days a week

For general enquiries

Call13 24 81

Personal Insurance
8:30am to 5:00pm AEDST, Monday to Friday

Business Insurance
8:00am to 8:00pm AEDST, Monday to Friday

Web Chat

Web chat

8:30am to 5:00pm AEDST, Monday to Friday

While overseas

Call +61 3 9601 8222

Need your current policy documents?

Request business documents Request personal documents

Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance

If you’re just looking for basic protection out on the road, go with a good value policy you can depend on.

Smart protection for the unexpected

Even if your budget’s tight or your car’s not worth much, you might still need cover if you cause an accident or an uninsured driver runs into you.

  • $30 million liability cover

    You’re covered up to $30 million if you damage other people’s cars or property in an accident.

  • Protection from uninsured drivers

    If your car’s damaged by an uninsured vehicle and it’s not your fault, we cover up to $5,000 of repairs.

  • Pay less by nominating certain drivers

    You could save on your premium if you nominate drivers to cover and they’re over 25.

Why choose CGU?

165 years’ experience
Partner repairer network
Award-winning service

Ready to go?

Answer a few questions about your car and who drives it, and you could be covered in just a few minutes.

Looking for car insurance in SA, WA or the NT?

Our car insurance is now only available through our partners in South Australia, Western Australia and the Northern Territory. If you would prefer to get your insurance direct from an insurer, you can also visit NRMA Insurance to see their car insurance policies and get a quote.

If you already have a policy with us, we'll contact you if there are any changes to it in the future.

Go to NRMA Insurance

NRMA car insurance in SA, WA and NT is issued by Insurance Australia Limited, ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as NRMA Insurance. To see if this product is right for you, always consider the Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determination available from

Still have questions?

  • Is a learner driver covered on my car insurance?

    Yes, learners are covered.

    If you have a Nominated Driver policy, learners are only covered if the fully licensed driver that’s accompanying them is over 25. See the PDS for more details.

  • How much does Third Party Property Damage cost?

    The cost depends on a number of things, including where you live, your age, your car’s make and model, and whether you’ve had an accident before.

    You can lower the cost by nominating two drivers over 25 to be covered on your policy.

    The fastest way to see how much your insurance costs and look at your options is to quick quote.

  • Is my car covered when someone else drives?

    If you have a standard policy, your car’s covered no matter who’s behind the wheel (with a few exceptions).

    If you have a Nominated Driver policy, drivers under 25 aren’t covered (except learners accompanied by a fully licensed driver over the age of 25). Also, if someone’s driving and they’re not listed on your Nominated Driver policy, you’ll pay a higher excess if you make a claim.

    Make sure you’ve read the PDS before you let someone else drive your car.

We’re here whenever you need us

Ready for anything, 24/7

Accidents can happen anytime, so we’re available day and night. If something goes wrong, you can call right away.

How to claim

Step 1. Call 13 24 80 with your policy number and any details you have (like where the incident happened and if anyone else was involved).

Step 2. We’ll assign one of our consultants to your claim and give you a claim reference number.

Make a claim

Let’s get started, you could be covered in just a few minutes

Get a quote