Home Contents Transit Insurance

Moving house? Protect your belongings while they're in transit.

What is Transit cover?

CGU Home Contents Transit Insurance covers your belongings whilst they are being moved to your new home, either within Australia or to/from an overseas destination (subject to acceptance criteria).

Transit insurance covers both the packing and unpacking of your possessions (within 30 days of the insurance period ending), so you can rest assured that the entire move will be protected.

Key features

  • Cover for loss or damage caused by accidents in transit or mishandling by removalists
  • Cover for incidental storage
  • Optional cover for longer term self-nominated storage (up to a maximum of 6 months)
  • Cover for alternative accommodation expenses
  • New-for-old replacement for damaged or lost goods
  • Worldwide cover available 

Get a quote and apply

Contact your insurance adviser or find an insurance adviser to obtain a Home Contents Transit Insurance quote and complete an application.  

Find an adviser

Speak to an insurance adviser