The growth and development of information and communication technology (ICT) continues at an ever increasing rate. The application of this technology is widespread throughout all sectors of the economy and in many aspects of our personal lives.
This almost complete dependency on technology brings with it a significant liability to ICT service and product providers when issues arise with the technology or the technology fails to meet client expectations.
Due to the character of the activities of ICT providers (is a service or a product being provided?) there can be potential uncertainty in the handling of ICT claims. To remove this uncertainty CGU Professional Risks has for over a decade provided a packaged liability product and a centralised claims management process. Both Professional Indemnity and General Liability claims are managed by the experienced Professional Risks Claims team.
Key features – Professional Indemnity
• Broad definition of ‘Information Technology’ and ‘Computer Equipment’
• Intellectual Property cover includes ‘unintentional infringement of circuit layout rights’.
• Cover for Loss of Documents extended to include electronic data
• Cover for civil liabilities incurred in the performance/provision of ‘Information Technology’ services
• Contractual Liability Defence Costs (sub-limited)
• Loss Mitigation and Rectification (sub-limited)
Advancement of Claims Investigation Costs
Key features – General Liability
• Covers personal injury, property damage or advertising liability
• Covers personal injury or property damage caused by an unknown defect in the Insured’s Products
• Covers property damage including any loss of use of property
• Covers liability for property damage to property temporarily in the Insured’s physical or legal control (sub-limited)
Request a call back from a business insurance specialist or call us on 13 24 81