How to make a travel insurance claim and get emergency assistance.
Get emergency assistance
We provide a 24-hour emergency assistance hotline for you to call if you have any difficulties while travelling. Call from anywhere in the world to speak with a highly trained, multilingual consultant (we accept reverse charges for overseas calls), or email email@example.com.
For emergency travel insurance assistance, please call our 24-hour emergency assistance hotline:
Within Australia: (02) 8895 0698
While overseas: +61 2 8895 0698
For all non-emegency claims, please contact CGU upon your return to Australia.
Making a travel insurance claim
Simply call CGU Insurance on 13 24 80 with the following details:
- Original medical or dental reports from a qualified doctor or dentist.
Lost or stolen luggage claims
- Original report lodged with the carrier or local police.
- Evidence of ownership such as original receipts or photos.
- Original receipts and/or tickets; or
- A letter from your travel agent outlining re-booking or cancellation charges; or
- A doctor’s certificate or letter from the carrier.
- Once your claim is lodged with CGU, we will allocate a case manager who will contact you regarding next steps. Your case manager will keep you informed about the progress of your claim.
- We will assess any claims for travel cancellation and luggage damage.
- We will inform you of any excess payable when you lodge your claim
For more information on making an CGU Travel insurance claim, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement.