Compensation Payments

If your workers' compensation claim is accepted, you could be eligible for compensation.

What am I covered for?

If your workers’ compensation claim is accepted, you could be eligible for a variety of compensation payments including:

  • weekly payments where time off work is required – to be eligible you need to obtain a WorkCover WA medical certificate from your treating doctor and provide it to your employer.
  • reasonable medical and hospital expenses – these are paid in line with WorkCover WA recommended fees.
  • accommodation costs – if you are required to be away from home to receive medical treatment, your accommodation costs may be reimbursed up to a maximum amount per day as prescribed by WorkCover WA. Contact CGU should this be required.
  • travel and transportation costs – public transport and car travel costs may be reimbursed for travel to and from your appointments and treatment. These costs are based on prescribed Workcover WA rates. Fill out and submit a travel reimbursement form and include any invoices or receipts.
  • lump sum payments – if you have a permanent impairment as a result of a workplace injury you may be entitled to a lump sum payment.

Whilst your entitlements are not limited to the above, we have simply outlined the more common payment groups.

Compensation payments can be made via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).  Contact CGU for full list of your entitlements.