Reporting an Injury

Report the injury immediately.

What should I do if I am injured at work?

  • Report the injury immediately to your supervisor, manager, or the person responsible for workers' compensation in your workplace.
  • Lodge a Workers Injury Claims Form accompanied by a medical certificate, with your employer. Any further medical certificates or fee invoices should also be forwarded to your employer as soon as possible.
  • The earlier you notify your employer, the sooner an appropriate treatment program can be established to help you get back to work and your pre-injury lifestyle as soon as possible.
  • You can obtain a workers compensation claim form:
    • from this website
    • from your local post office
    • by contacting CGU Workers Compensation on (03) 8630 1000.
  • Ensure CGU is notified of your injury.