What should I do if I am injured at work?
- Report the injury immediately to your supervisor, manager, or the person responsible for workers' compensation in your workplace.
Lodge a Workers Injury Claims Form
accompanied by a medical certificate, with your employer. Any further medical certificates or fee invoices should also be forwarded to your employer as soon as possible.
- The earlier you notify your employer, the sooner an appropriate treatment program can be established to help you get back to work and your pre-injury lifestyle as soon as possible.
You can obtain a workers compensation claim form:
- from this website
- from your local post office
- by contacting CGU Workers Compensation on (03) 8630 1000.
- Ensure CGU is notified of your injury.
You can provide an initial notification of an injury to CGU online via our initial notification of injury system