Planning for a Return To Work
Your employer must plan for your Return To Work. This will involve the following:
- obtaining relevant information about your capacity to work
- considering any reasonable workplace supports, aid or modifications to assist any return to work
- assessing and proposing any employment options
- consulting with you, your healthcare practitioner and Occupational Rehabilitation provider about the return to work
- providing clear, accurate and current details of any return to work arrangements
- monitoring your progress.
If your doctor thinks you are fit to work but has placed restrictions on what you can do at work, your employer will consider if you can return to work on suitable duties, such as:
- parts of the job you were doing before the injury
- the same job, but on reduced hours
- different duties altogether
- duties at a different site
- training opportunities
- a combination of some or all of the above.
For further information on the benefits, support and entitlements available to you, visit the WorkSafe website.