Reporting an Injury

Report the injury immediately.

What should I do if I am injured at work?

  • Report the injury immediately to your supervisor or manager or the person responsible for workers' compensation in your workplace.
  • Seek appropriate medical treatment.
  • Lodge a Workers' Compensation Claim Form, accompanied by a medical certificate, with your employer. Any further medical certificates or fee invoices should also be forwarded to your employer as soon as possible.

The earlier you notify your employer, the sooner an appropriate treatment program can be established to help you get back to work and the greater the chance of getting you back to your pre-injury lifestyle as soon as possible.

You can provide an initial notification of an injury using CGU's online injury notification system. Alternatively you can download an early notification of injury form and email , fax or post it to CGU.

Online notification

You can notify CGU of an injury in just a few minutes using our online notification system.