What support will I receive to help manage my injuries?
In conjunction with your treating doctor, employer and vocational rehabilitation provider a Return to Work Plan will be drafted that:
- describes the duties the employer will provide in line with appropriate medical restrictions
- is based on your doctor’s recommendations of what you can and can’t do, and the hours and days you can return to work
- is written in consultation with you. A copy will be provided to you for your records.
If your doctor thinks you are fit to work but has placed restrictions on what you can do at work, consideration is given on whether you can return to work on suitable duties, such as:
- parts of the job you were doing before the injury
- the same job, but on reduced hours
- different duties altogether
- duties at a different site
- training opportunities
- a combination of some or all the above.
You must make all reasonable efforts to ensure you actively participate in a return to work plan and co-operate in working towards the goals.