Workers compensation is determined by state-based legislation. You are currently viewing information for New South Wales.

Changes to CGU’s NSW Workers Compensation Business

CGU will cease providing workers insurance in NSW as of 31 December 2017. For more information see Changes to CGU's NSW Workers Compensation Business.


Take out or manage your policy

NSW Workers Compensation quotes and policies are issued by icare effective from 1 March 2017.

To get a quote, please visit www.icare.nsw.gov.au and click ‘Get a quote for Workers Insurance’.

From 1 November 2017 all workers insurance policies will be managed by icare.

To request a Certificate of Currency call icare on 13 44 22 or email wisupport@icare.nsw.gov.au.

To pay for your policy call icare on 13 44 22 or if your policy has already renewed with icare you can make a payment via www.icare.nsw.gov.au. Call icare on 13 44 22 for more information.


Report an injury or lodge a claim

From 1 October 2017, Employers with claims management aligned with CGU will lodge new claims with GIO. For more information click here.

Useful links

Reporting an injury