Injury management support
Personal Injury Plan
Under the workers' compensation Act a personal injury plan (PIP) must be established in agreement with the employer and injured worker, to the maximum extent that their cooperation and participation allow and with the assistance of an approved rehabilitation provider.
The PIP is agreed with all three parties and the injured worker, and, for that purpose, must comply with the obligations imposed on the insurer under the plan.
Injury management training
CGU provides all policy holders with free access to online injury management training.
- an overview of injury management
- legal requirements
- roles and responsibilities in injury management
- responding to injuries
- claims management and early intervention
- recovery and returning to the workplace
CGU also offers classroom style training on injury management. More information is available in our services section.
Return To Work Plan
You are responsible for preparing a Return To Work Plan for your injured worker that:
- describes how you will help your employee return to work after an injury
- is based on the treating doctor’s recommendations and approval
- is developed in consultation with your employee. You must make it available to them on request.
If the doctor thinks the employee is fit to work, but not in their normal job, you must consider suitable duties such as:
- parts of the job the employee was doing before the injury
- the same job, but on reduced hours
- different duties altogether
- duties at a different site
- training opportunities
- a combination of some or all the above
When considering suitable duties, the following must be taken into account:
- the work capabilities the treating doctor has listed
- the age, education and work skills of the injured worker
- where the worker lives
- what duties are useful within your business
- if the duties comply with the injury management plan
- they must not be demeaning or token duties
Contact your case manager for more information and to obtain an Employer’s Guide and templates for developing a Return To Work Plan.
Return to work training
CGU offers a range of training courses to help you in the area of return to work. More information is available in our OHS and risk management training section.