What is paid on a claim?
If the workers' compensation claim is accepted, your injured worker could be eligible for compensation payments including:
weekly payments where time off work is required:
- CGU will reimburse you for these payments upon acceptance of the liability
- your employee must obtain a WorkSafe ACT medical certificate from their treating doctor and provide it to you
- the amount your employee will receive is dependent on your employee’s fitness for work and duration of incapacity
- reasonable medical and hospital expenses – these are paid in line with WorkSafe ACT recommended fees. Service providers can apply directly to CGU for payment.
- accommodation costs – if your injured worker is required to be away from home for treatment they may be entitled to have accommodation costs paid
- travel and transportation costs – reasonable public transport and car travel costs (as per WorkSafe ACT rates) may be reimbursed to your employee for travel to and from medical appointments and treatment. Remember to keep any travel related invoices or receipts.
Whilst entitlements are not limited to the above, we have simply outlined the more common payment groups. If you would like more information please contact CGU.