What CGU can offer you!
CGU carefully considers the individual nature of your business and the insurance requirements of your stall/s to ensure we offer you policy options that meet your specific needs. Our goal is to ensure you always have an appropriate and up-to-date certificate of currency so you can focus on the business of selling.
CGU offers 12-month policies to Australian stallholders trading a variety of goods across various markets, including but not limited to:
|Art and Crafts|
|Car Boot Sale markets|
|Food and fresh produce markets|
|Shopping centre market stalls|
If your business trades in goods outside these categories then please get in touch for further assistance.
Public and Product Liability
Public Liability Insurance protects you against legal liability arising out of property damage or personal injury to a third party as a result of your work. In essence, we provide cover if a customer makes a successful claim of injury arising from interaction with your business.
For instance, if the table at your stall was blown over and broke a customer’s foot then the customer could sue you for damages. Your Market stall insurance cover insures you against this type of claim.
Another feature of the policy is Products Liability insurance which is designed to protect you from claims of injury or damage arising from work you’ve done. For instance, if someone had an adverse reaction to an unlisted ingredient in one of your products, then your CGU insurance protects against claims they may make.
As is the nature of life, the possible ways in which unforseen things can go wrong is vast. But while you can’t know everything that will happen, you can protect yourself and your business from the often devastating financial harm that unforseen events can cause.
Forms & Downloads
I purchased my policy directly online or over the phone
- Business Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (policies started or renewed from 30 May 2021)(PDF, 2 mb)
- Business Insurance PDS (for policies that started or renewed from 31 March 2021 - 29 May 2021)(PDF, 1 mb)
- Business Insurance PDS (for policies that started from 6 September 2020, or renewed from 17 October 2020)(PDF, 1 mb)
I purchased my policy via broker, intermediary or advisor
- CGU Business Pack Product Disclosure Statement (policies started or renewed from 30 May 2021)(PDF, 778 kb)
- CGU Business Pack Policy (for policies that started or renewed from 31 March 2021 - 29 May 2021)(PDF, 641 kb)
- CGU Business Pack Policy (for policies that started or renewed from 17 October 2020 - 30 March 2021)(PDF, 2 mb)
- Business Insurance Brochure(PDF, 2 mb)