CGU Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Liability Insurance policy is designed to protect information technology professionals and businesses.
The growth and development of information and communication technology (ICT) continues at an ever increasing rate. The application of this technology is widespread throughout all sectors of the economy and in many aspects of our personal lives.
This almost complete dependency on technology brings with it a significant liability to ICT service and product providers when issues arise with the technology or the technology fails to meet client expectations.
Due to the nature of activities of ICT providers (is a service or a product being provided?) there can be potential uncertainty in the handling of ICT claims. To remove this uncertainty CGU Professional Risks has for over a decade provided a packaged liability product and a centralised claims management process. Both Professional Indemnity and Broadform (Public & Products) Liability claims are managed by the experienced Professional Risks Claims team.
Key features: Policy 1 – Professional Indemnity
- Broad definition of ‘Information Technology’ and ‘Computer Equipment’
- Intellectual Property cover includes ‘unintentional infringement of circuit layout rights’.
- Cover for Loss of Documents extended to include electronic data
- Cover for civil liabilities incurred in the performance/provision of ‘Information Technology’ services
- Interested Party (vicarious liability)
- Contractual Liability Defence Costs (sub-limited)
- Loss Mitigation and Rectification (sub-limited)
- Fee Mitigation (sub-limited)
- Product Recall Expenses (sub-limited)
- Privacy Breach Costs (sub-limited)
- Hold Harmless Agreements
- Implied Warranties and Conditions
- Contractors Covered
Key features: Policy 2 – Broadform (Public & Products) Liability
- Covers personal injury, property damage or advertising liability
- Covers personal injury or property damage caused by an unknown defect in the Insured’s Products
- Covers property damage including any loss of use of property
- Covers liability for property damage to property temporarily in the Insured’s physical or legal control (sub-limited)
- Covers liability in respect of Occurrences anywhere in the world except for the Business carried on by the Insured at or from any premises situated in the United States of America or Canada
- Covers liability in respect of Occurrences anywhere in the world except for any contract entered into which requires work to be performed in the United States of America or Canada
- Covers contractors with whom the Policyholder has entered into a contract for work
- Covers principals with whom the Policyholder has entered into a contract for work
Forms & Downloads (I purchased/purchasing my policy via a broker, intermediary or advisor)
- Information & Communication Technology Liability Policy Wording (policies starting or renewed from 14 August 2021)
- Information & Communication Technology Liability Policy Wording (Policies started or prior to 13 August 2021)
- CGU Information Technology Liability Package Proposal
- CGU ICT Liability Claims Examples