Professional indemnity through intermediaries
If you’re in any kind of profession that gives advice or provides a service professional indemnity is a necessity
Professional indemnity sold through intermediaries
CGU Professional Indemnity policy provides you and your business with comprehensive protection against claims for financial loss, bodily/personal injury or property damage arising from an act, error or omission in the provision of professional services covered by the policy.
If you’re in any kind of profession that gives advice or provides a service, for example: advertising agencies, management consultants or consulting engineers, professional indemnity is a necessity. Your business is your livelihood, so protecting it is paramount.
If an error or omission occurs in the course of your work and that error or omission causes a financial loss or injury to your client or any other third party, then they can claim damages against you, resulting in you incurring potentially debilitating costs (including legal costs) and reputational damage. Potentially a significant disruption to your business.
Professional Indemnity insurance protects you from bearing the full cost of these claims and disputes, and from the time and resources they consume. The threat of claims and litigation is very real and can potentially bankrupt businesses, small or large. It may seem like a distant possibility, but legal action often arises from an unforeseen event to completely disrupt businesses.
Why choose CGU Professional Risks?
Forms and downloads
- Professional Indemnity + Broadform Liability Policy (for policies starting or renewed from 14 August 2021)
- Professional Indemnity + Broadform Liability Policy (for policies starting or renewed from 1 August 2017–13 August 2021)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy (for policies starting or renewed from 14 August 2021)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy (for policies starting or renewed from 1 August 2017–13 August 2021)
- Professional Indemnity (summary of changes as at 1 August 2017)
- Professional Indemnity Brochure
- Professional Indemnity and Broadform Liability Insurance Brochure
- Professional Indemnity Claims Examples
- Professional Indemnity Proposal Form
- Engineers and Construction Professionals Proposal Form
- Real Estate Proposal Form
- Employment Practices Liability Addendum
- Professional Indemnity Claim Notification Form
Find an insurance broker
Our Professional Risks insurance products are available through insurance brokers and authorised representatives. An insurance broker will give you advice to make sure you have the right cover for your business needs.Find an insurance broker