Multimedia Liability Insurance
CGU’s Multimedia Liability Policy aims to protect organisations in the media, marketing and advertising industries with respect to civil liability claims arising from the provision of Multimedia Services. Such civil liability claims can include (but not limited to) breaches of duty, defamation, breach of copyright, false attribution of authorship (and other infringements of intellectual property) and invasion of privacy.
Litigation against organisations in the media, marketing and advertising industries can arise from the provision of any of the following types of Multimedia Services:
- publishing, broadcasting, communication, distribution and/or dissemination of content;
- researching, investigating, acquiring, preparing, compiling, producing and/or editing of content;
- licensing, syndication, serialisation, distribution, sale or lease of content, by or with the written permission of a multimedia organisation.
Get a quote and apply
Speak with a business insurance specialist today or call us on 13 24 81 to obtain a Defamation Insurance quote and complete an application.
- Claims for civil liability arising from the provision of Multimedia Services
- Claims investigation costs (i.e. defence costs)
- Defamation actions
- Infringement of intellectual property (e.g. trademark, copyright, design or patent)
- False attribution of authorship
- Invasion of privacy or improper disclosure of sensitive private facts
- Malicious prosecution allegations
- Vicarious liability for employees – social media accounts (sub-limited)
- Withdrawal of content (sub-limited)