Have a question? We're here to help.

Wherever you are, CGU will help you see it through

Have a question? Check our frequently asked questions for how to:

  • Update and renew your policy
  • Get your policy documents
  • Make a claim
  • Compare Public Liability, Professional Indemnity and Workers Compensation.

Frequently asked questions

  • How do I change my personal details on my business insurance?

    To change your details, call us on 13 24 81 (8am–8pm AEST, Mon–Fri) or send a request to update your policy details.

    If your details change, let us know within 14 days.

  • How do I get a tax invoice for my business insurance?

    Once your policy’s paid or automatic instalments are set up, your policy schedule becomes an official tax invoice. Log in to CGU Online to download your policy schedule.

    If you have special tax requirements, call us on 13 24 81 (8am–8pm AEST, Mon–Fri) or request a tax invoice online.

  • A client’s asked me for a Certificate of Currency before I start work, what is it?

    A Certificate of Currency shows a client your insurance is current. It also usually shows the amount of insurance you have and any conditions.

    The quickest way to get your Certificate of Currency is to log in to CGU Online and download it.

    Otherwise, call us on 13 24 81 (8am–8pm AEST, Mon–Fri) or send us a request.

  • Which business insurance documents can I get online?

    Log in to CGU Online to download your:

    • Certificate of Insurance
    • Certificate of Currency
    • Product Disclosure Statement.

    Otherwise, you can send us a request and we’ll send your documents to you within two business days. You can:

    If your request is urgent and you can’t wait two business days, log in to CGU Online or call 13 24 81 (8am–8pm AEST, Mon–Fri).

  • How do I make a claim?

    To claim, call us anytime on 13 24 80.

    If you got your policy through an adviser or broker, contact them directly.

    Download claim forms

    Claims FAQs

  • What information do I need when I claim?

    The more details you give us, the quicker we can assess and pay your claim.

    Usually you’ll need to tell us:

    • Your policy number
    • Your personal details
    • Who the policy holder is (if you're claiming for someone else)
    • What happened, including when and where
    • The details of anyone else who’s involved
  • What is Professional Indemnity, and what does it cover me for?

    If your business includes providing a service or advice, Professional Indemnity Insurance can protect you from claims made against your business for damage or loss caused by an act while you’re providing your service.

  • What is Public Liability, and do I need it?

    Public Liability Insurance safeguards your business against claims made against you for damage, loss or injury that occur in the course of doing business.

    Claims can be very large and can cause financial stress for small businesses.

    Public Liability Insurance will cover you for the amount you may be liable to pay as well as any legal fees to defend the claim.

    If you interact with people in public places during the course of your business activities, you should consider this type of insurance.

  • What’s the difference between Public Liability and Workers Compensation?

    Public Liability Insurance protects the business against claims for damage or loss made by the public or customers.

    Workers Compensation covers your employees if they’re injured at work. This could include medical and all associated expenses related to the workplace incident.

See policy details & download documents

Available 24/7, register in just a few minutes

13 24 81

8:00am to 8:00pm

While overseas +61 3 9601 8222

For claims 13 24 80

Useful links

Need help with your policy?

Call us on 13 24 81 (8am–8pm AEST, Mon–Fri) and we'll help you see it through.