With greater corporate governance and regulatory surveillance in place today, company directors and officers are under increased pressure to carry out their duties and obligations meticulously. Failure to do so may lead to personal liability for the individual director or for the entire board of directors, regardless of whether they are acting in a part-time, honorary or non-executive capacity.
CGU Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability Insurance is designed to protect the assets of company directors and other individuals of a corporation against such claims.
A broad and flexible definition of ‘Insured Person’ applies, covering every past, present and future director, secretary, executive officer or employee of the corporation.
Why you may need to be put in touch with an insurance adviser for this product
If your business has complex or unique needs in relation to Directors and Officers Liability Insurance, we may put you in touch with an independent insurance adviser who can help assess your risks and give you specialist advice on what level of cover will suit your needs.
- Broad operative clause providing cover to an insured for any loss as a result of a wrongful act
- Full policy limit available for breach of Occupational Health and Safety Laws
- Advancement of defence costs
- Cover for joint ventures and new subsidiaries
- Continuous cover
- Worldwide claim cover
- Optional reinstatement of policy limit
- Body corporate and office bearers liability
- Superannuation trustees liability
- Associations and not for profit liability
- Employment practices liability
- Management Liability
Forms & Downloads
- CGU Directors and Officers Liability Brochure(PDF, 317 kb)
- CGU Directors and Officers Liability Insurance Proposal(PDF, 102 kb)
- CGU Directors and Officers Liability Policy Wording and Change of Insurer Endorsement(PDF, 399 kb)
- CGU Employment Practices Liability Extension Proposal Form Addendum(PDF, 152 kb)
- Directors and officers liability insurance notification form(PDF, 107 kb)