Talk to Us

We're here for you

Whether you need make a claim or to ask a question we're only a phone call away.

For claims

Call13 24 80

24 hours, 7 days a week

For general enquiries

Call13 24 81

Personal Insurance
8:30am to 5:00pm AEDST, Monday to Friday

Business Insurance
8:00am to 8:00pm AEDST, Monday to Friday

Web Chat

Web chat

8:30am to 5:00pm AEDST, Monday to Friday

While overseas

Call +61 3 9601 8222

Need your current policy documents?

Request business documents Request personal documents

NSW insurance stamp duty exemption

From 1 January 2018, eligible small businesses (generally with less than $2 million turnover) will not be required to pay duty on certain types of insurance, including:

  • Commercial vehicle insurance – for a motor vehicle used primarily for business purposes
  • Occupational indemnity insurance (or professional indemnity) – covering liability arising out of the provision of professional or other services (other than medical indemnity insurance)
  • Product and public liability insurance – insurance covering liability for personal injury or property damage occurring in connection with, or arising out of the products or services of, a business.

What is a small business?

You are a small business for the current year if:

  • you carry on a business in the current year; and
  • one or both of the following applies:
    1. you carried on a business in the previous year and your aggregated turnover for that previous year was less than $2 million
    2. your aggregated turnover for the current year is likely to be less than $2 million.

Call us on 132 481 to declare your exemption.

Or for more information regarding the insurance duty exemption for small businesses, visit our Stamp duty explained page.