Read time — 4 mins
Read time — 4 mins |
Share article

Whether your client is an ambitious sole trader or an enterprising team boss, every place of business needs protecting.

Why CGU for Property?

Property needs vary greatly from business to business and CGU understands that. That’s why our experienced national team of Property Underwriters offer personalised service, local presence and industry knowledge to help you find the right property solution for your client’s needs. CGU’s experienced underwriters take the time to understand your requirements, in order to provide tailored solutions to deliver the right cover.  

While our service and decision making are proudly local, our extensive range of asset protection and risk management options are supported by the international reach of overseas network partners and access to IAG’s resources and insights.. 

CGU knows what it takes to protect business

  1. Choose from  three CGU products to protect your client’s property
  2. Industrial Special Risks; Minimum Assets (100%): $10,000,000; or Maximum Assets (100%): $1,000,000,000.

We recommend a thorough submission that includes the following information, in order to assist us in providing you with a prompt response.

  • Full construction details for all locations
  • Adequate fire and security protection in place
  • Adequate lead time of underwriting submission
  • Historical claims performance
  • Good risk management in place
  • Ability to survey
  • Willingness to engage with IAG Risk Partners in respect to Risk Management.

Risk management - today and tomorrow

Risks to property pose a threat to business goals. Our risk engineers can work with you and your client’s to protect your business by providing comprehensive asset protection, loss prevention and risk management advice. They’ll help you to fully understand and address property risks at locations across your portfolio, be it one site or several.

We offer risk advice and recommendations, risk consulting and benchmarking services to help you plan ahead. We also offer virtual risk assessments for digital property. 

Specialised claims management

If you need to start a claim, you can be assured that our experienced claims professionals will be on hand to assist you with even the most complex property losses. 

Need a quote?

Speak to your insurance broker or visit the NIBA website to find a trusted advisor who can assist with your insurance needs.

Insurance issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (“your personal circumstances”). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase the insurance policy, you should consider your personal circumstances and the relevant Product Disclosure Statement available at